Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves burning of moxa, which is a bunch of dried leaves and mugwort plants that have been formed into a cigar-like shape. The purpose of moxibustion is to strengthen the blood, stimulate the flow of qi and maintain general health. The heat that is produced by the burning herbs penetrates deeply into the body, restoring the balance and flow of vital energy into the body.
Moxibustion has shown to be beneficial for a variety of conditions including but not limited to the following. Click on the green links provided to learn more about each condition.
- The common cold
- Increases the movement of the fetus in pregnant women
- Reduces the symptoms of menstrual cramps
- Increases circulation to the pelvis, bringing on menstruation
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sensation of cold
- Postpartum symptoms (including postpartum depression)
- Diabetic wounds
- Post-operative pain
- Some vision problems
- Improves general health
- Improves pain associated with arthritis
- Aids with digestive disorders
- Improves pain associated with ulcers
- Aids with treatment for cancer patients
Click here to read an article by The American Cancer Society on the positive effects that moxibustion has in the treatment of cancer patients.
Contact us to schedule your appointment and experience the health benefits of moxibustion today!