Moxibustion is a traditional Chinese medicine technique that involves burning of moxa, which is a bunch of dried leaves and mugwort plants that have been formed into a cigar-like shape. The purpose of moxibustion is to strengthen the blood, stimulate the flow of qi and maintain general health. The heat that is produced by the burning herbs penetrates deeply into the body, restoring the balance and flow of vital energy into the body.
Moxibustion has shown to be beneficial for a variety of conditions including but not limited to the following. Click on the green links provided to learn more about each condition.
- The common cold
- Symptoms of menstrual cramps
- Circulation to the pelvis, bringing on menstruation
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sensation of cold
- Postpartum symptoms (including postpartum depression)
- Diabetic wounds
- Post-operative pain
- Some vision problems
- General health
- Pain associated with arthritis
- Digestive disorders
- Pain associated with ulcers
* Clinical results will vary for each patient depending upon the history and intensity of the problem and the general overall health of the individual.